Grilled Nectarine and Pumpkin Salad
Fresh, vibrant and nourishing - like any good salad should be.
You can use any stone fruit in this salad, such as peaches and even plums.
- 6 nectarines
- 1 punnet of Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 2 cobs of corn
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup (or sweeter of choice)
- Handful of fresh mint to serve
- Cut the nectarines in half and place on a grill pan until charred marks can be seen.
- Dice the pumpkin into 2 cm cubes and remove the corn from the cob. Place both into a pan on medium heat and coat with the rice malt syrup. Put the lid on until cooked through stiring regularly.
- Cut the Roma tomatoes in half and wash the spinach.
- Lay the spinach out in a serving bowl, top with the pumpkin and corn mix, place tomatoes and nectarines on top and sprinkle with the fresh mint.
Serves 4 as side.