Strawberry & Cucumber Salad with Candied Walnuts
The salad will keep you extra hydrated on a hot summers day and is the excellent side with any main dish. It's freshness and lightness will leave you feeling great after a meal. The tartness of the dressing and the sweetness of the walnut complement each other well leaving your tastebuds wanting more!
- If you do not own a spiraliser you can simply cut the cucumber into thin rounds - it will taste just as delicious!
- 1 punnet of strawberries
- 1 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup of walnuts
- 1 tbsp ricemalt syrup
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 bunch of fresh mint
- Chop the strawberries and spiralise the cucumbers
- Place the walnuts and rice malt syrup on a pan on a medium heat until caramelised. Let cool until they turn crunchy
- Mix together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, pomegranate molasses, mixed herbs and some salt and pepper and set aside to dress the salad later
- Place strawberries and cucumbers in a serving bowl, drizzle over pomegranate dressing and toss through candied walnuts and fresh mint.
Serves 4 as side
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie