Vietnamese Mango Salad
This light and refreshing salad showcases the mango and along side the fresh cucumber it's the perfect addition to any summer menu. I made this multiple times over Christmas and both times it was a hit...except with Dad, who has a giant aversion to cucumbers - can't please everyone.
- You can make this nut free by simply topping with roasted sunflower and pepita seeds instead of the peanuts.
- If gluten is not an issue you can swap out the tamari for regular soy-sauce.
- 2 mangoes
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Vietnamese mint
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup (or sweeter of choice)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Cut the mangoes into thin slices, de-seed the cucumber and julienne.
- Cut the ends off the green beans and cut into thirds. Add the beans and the sesame seeds into a frying pan with the sesame oil and sauté on a medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked.
- Prepare your dressing while the beans cook. Simply add all ingredients together and stir well.
- Toss mango, cucumber, green beans, spinach and dressing together in bowl.
- Serve with Vietnamese mint and peanuts.
Serves 4-6 as a side
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie