Anzac Day Slice
There are Anzac biscuits a plenty in April, but they are often ridden with many processed foods that can be avoided. I have made the perfect Anzac Day Slice below so that you don't miss out. It also double as a smoothie topper and it amazing crumbled up on your favourite smoothie bowl.
- 125 g vegan butter
- 2 tbs maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2 tbs molasses or sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of sod
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, sweetners and salt stirring until the mixture starts to bubble. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the bicarb soda with boiling water in a small bowl, then add to butter mixture, stirring through until foamy.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour the melted butter mixture into dry ingredients and combine well.
- Press firmly into the tin
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown on top .
Makes 18 slices
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie