This granola is perfect for all occasions. For breakfast with almond milk, as a snack, dessert or my personal favourite; a smoothie topper. This granola also packs a protein hit in the morning due to the oats, chia and peptia seeds, so it will keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- You can make this nut free by simply removing the almonds and replacing for more seeds of your choice.
- 2 1/2 cups of oats
- 1/2 cup almonds chopped (roasted or natural)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cacao power
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a tray with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and press firmly onto baking tray
- Cook for 20 minutes and remove from oven. Give the granola a mix to ensure even cooking. Continue cooking for another 15-20 minutes or until nicely toasted. It's cooked when it turns a nice golden brown colour.
- The granola will come out of the oven soft and as it cools it will harden and become crunchy.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a month (if it lasts that long).
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie