Marinated Mushrooms, Tomato & Basil Salad
This simple and refreshing salad will be a hit on these hot summer nights - Start marinating those mushrooms because you'll want this more than once!
- You can always add some black rice or quinoa to this to turn it into a main meal.
- 250 grms mushrooms
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 fresh sage leaves
- A sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 punnet of Roma tomatoes
- 1 packet of fresh basil
- Combined mushrooms, olive oil, red wine vinegar, sage and thyme in a glass jar for 4 hrs. Rotate the jar at least 4 times to ensure mushrooms are coated. (Note: the longer you can leave it the better, make the night before if possible).
- Halve tomatoes and serve with mushrooms and basil.
- Don’t waste the thyme and sage; pull the leaves off and sprinkle though the salad too. Use the marinade to dress the salad.
Serves 4 as a side
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie