Mexican Salsa Lettuce Cups
The perfect Mexican lunch or dinner on a hot summers day. This recipe is easily shared with friends and family and would make a delicious and fresh canapé or entree as well. The black beans add a big protein hit and are also very high in fibre.
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 red onion
- 1 packet of tomato medley mix or tomatoes of choice
- 2 cobs of sweet corn
- 1 can black beans
- 2 avocados
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- Fresh mint, basil, coriander and parsely
- Dice the capsicums, tomatoes and red onion and place in mixing bowl.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and add to mixing bowl.
- Chargrill the cobs of corn over the stove top or BBQ. Once charred remove corn from the cob and add to mixing bowl.
- Chop the fresh mint, basil, parsley and coriander (you can omit some herbs if you don't have them or don't like them, or use a dried version) and add to the bowl.
- Add cumin, paprika, olive oil, some and salt pepper and thoroughly mix all ingredients in together.
- Dice the avocado and gentle massage the lemon juice over it to prevent browning, gently toss through with the other ingredients.
- Seperate your cos lettuce and place spoonfuls of the mixture in each lettuce cup.
Makes 15-20 lettuce cups.
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie