Pesto Zoodles with Miso Roasted Pumpkin
I absolute love zoodles as an alternative to pasta and this dish is sure to have you loving them too. The miso roasted pumpkin brings in some delicious flavours and you can't beat a good pesto!
- 1 butternut pumpkin - cut into 2cm chunks
- 250 grams of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large zucchini
- 2 cups of any fresh herbs - basil, chives, mint, Vietnamese mint
- 1 cup of dark leafy greens - spinach, kale, chard
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional - adds cheesy flavour)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees
- Place tomatoes and pumpkin in a bowl and coat with miso paste and olive oil. Place on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spiralize the zucchini’s, creating zoodles and set aside until later.
- Place all pesto ingredients into a food processor and blend until desired consistency.
- Place pesto and zoodles into a frying pan and heat through ensuring all zoodles are coated evenly in the pesto.
- Stir through roasted pumpkin and tomatoes and serve with fresh basil.
Serves 4 as a main
If you make this I would love to know about it! Please share your recreations on instagram and tag me: @emillysonsie #emillysonsie