Always ugly but always delicious. Cant go past a classic lasagne dish and you know it’s good when all the meat eaters in your life not only try it, but love it! Takes no longer than making a normal lasagne and you’ll get a massive veggie hit at the same time - so why not give it a go!
Sauce by @ehvegan
- 2 cups potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cups carrots peeled and chopped
- 2/3 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup cashews soaked overnight
- 2/3 cup vegan butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 lentil cans
- 750 grams passata
- 1/2 Zucchini diced finely
- 1/2 Eggplant diced finely
- Fresh Basil chopped
- 250 grams mushrooms diced finely
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable stock cube
- 2 tbsp mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gluten free lasagne sheets
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Bring to the boil all the vegetables and water.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add all the sauce ingredients in a blender, including the water from the pot.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place all filing ingredients in a large pan and let simmer until veggies are tender and cooked.
- Place a small amount of filling in the bottom of a lasagne dish.
- Layer with pasta, filling, sauce. Repeat this step 3 times.
- Be sure to finish with a large amount of sauce on the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Serves 8 as a main. Serve with a side salad.