Mushroom, Asparagus & Tarragon Risotto
Winter nights call for creamy risotto with all the flavour. Asparagus and mushrooms always go well together in my book but add in fresh tarragon and you’ve got a winner! Simple enough for any night of the week and delicious enough to share with friends!
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 brown onion
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup aborio rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh tarragon, extra to garnish
- 1 brunch asparagus
- 300 grms mushrooms of choice, pictured are Life Cykle homegrown Oyster Mushrooms
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Finely dice the onion and garlic and place in a saucepan with olive oil. Cook until transparent.
- Add the water and stock cubes to another saucepan and let simmer.
- Add the rice to the onion and garlic and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock 1/2 a cup at time to the rice until desired consistency is reached.
- While risotto is cooking, cut up the asparagus and mushrooms and place in a fry pan with tarragon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook until asaparagus is tender.
- Mix vegetables through the risotto and serve with some fresh tarragon.